Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Like a Family...


My friend Becky wanted me to do up a picture of Manny being sick and Papi taking care of him but I wasn't sure exactly how to do it up. I kept thinking of an angle and inspiration struck me in the form of Wednesday night's Red Sox/Blue Jays game and this entry on Cursed to First, which is an excellent blog btw. It got me to reading over this article from mid-May written by Tom Boswell about how the Red Sox are searching for an identity and thus inspiration struck. In a way, all three of these things showed me that this team looks out for each other and will back each other up. Kinda like the way family members do. They're all brothers to each other in that sense. Maybe a band of brothers perhaps. I used Papi and Wakefield because those two are basically(along with Varitek) the defining faces of the Red Sox. BTW that's a working title of the artpad...can't think of anything good :P