Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Ted Lilly's Vengeance


This was done per the request of my friend Jeffery who wanted something to do with "Rodrigo Lopez, Ted Lilly or Bruce Chen" I picked Lilly for reasons I talk of below. Ahh yes, the 2003 ALDS. It was a fabulous time from Games 3-5, if you were a Red Sox fan. But yet at the same time, I loathed the 2003 Oakland A's. I had a few exceptions, but most of them were dillholes and I hated them. Ted Lilly was on that team, and I think we all remember him best during that series for the "Lilly" chant during Game 3 while he was pitching. What we don't remember is how well Lilly pitched. But anyways through all the antics of that said ALDS, me thinks Lilly has a little vengeance on his side towards the Red Sox and thus why he kills the Red Sox. Just a theory.

However I do have a little confession to make. I LIKE Ted Lilly. He's one of my favorite pitchers. I know I know, he kills the Red Sox and I should hate him, but I can't help it! I like the way he pitches when he does well, it just sucks that most of the time, it's against the Red Sox. I will say his one start where he shutout the Red Sox like 3-0 in August of 04, that was probably the only game I wasn't really pissed off about losing that year. The guy pitched a helluva game, gotta tip your cap and move on.