Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Messing with David Wells' Cake


Probably one of the more famous quotes from David Wells comes from around the trading deadline of 2005 concerning Manny Ramirez. Wells had come off of a great outing and he wasn't exactly too enthused with Manny's latest antics, so he muttered the line "I love Manny, but the guy is messing with my cake right now" Something about a fat guy saying that cracks me up incessantly. As for the "sitting on you" part, well I think I may hafta direct you to this certain Artpad for an explanation. Now things are good, Manny's still a Red Sox and he actually loves it! Personally, I do think that Manny literally messed with Boomer's cake...at least once or twice. I have Papelbon joining him because I couldn't think of anybody else.