Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Embarassing Moments from Red Sox/Yankee Playoff Games

I had a request from somebody at Royal Rooters to do something about the whole "Gerbil Tossing" in the ALCS of 03 and then of course, the Slap. So I took on the challenge and I decided to go and draw it up.



This first one, as we all know, took place in 2003. It was a tense game and Pedro threw at Karim Garcia and then Garcia spiked Todd Walker(which everybody forgets) and then Clemens threw at Manny and then shit went bad and everything went crazy go nuts and resulted in Pedro Martinez grabbing Don Zimmer and throwing him down. I don't blame him for doing it...if a fat man who looke dlike a bowling ball came charging towards me while they were angry, I'd throw his ass down, I don't care how old he is. It's self defense people! And then you had Jeff Nelson and Karim Garcia beating the shit out of some Fenway Park groundskeeper for some reason...I dunno for sure. the drawing is inspired by a quote by Scott Sauerbeck who said "He just kept rolling and rolling and I thought he was gonna roll into the dugout"'


This second one is about the infamous Slap from Game 6 of the ALCS in 2004. I dunno what it is that A-Rod has against Bronson Arroyo. I've been trying to figure it out all this time but I'm still not too sure. I mean maybe he has some ultra angsty mancrush on him or maybe he really just deep down wishes he was Bronson. You know what I mean? Bronson isn't like the best pitcher out there but that's okay and if he fails, its' okay that he does. With A-Rod he has the whole world looking at him and if he fails it's not okay. Also Bronson is well loved by his teammates(in both Boston AND Cincy) and A-Rod...we'll just say I think some teammates thing he tries too hard. So I'm thinking something like that...you know? The funny thing is that with all the A-Rod bashing, Bronson actually took sympathy on him. Kinda funny really....