Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Two Artpad Tributes to 2004

I was in a mad nostalgic mood last night when I was up last night with the offday and I was thinking back to 2004.

The first one has a background thingie of two images that stuck with me from back in 2003. The first one was just Wakefield crying to himself,(warning: do not view picture if you don't wanna get verklempt) I had Ortiz comforting him in that background thingie because to me, Ortiz represents the team in itself adn how they rallied behind him after that, because they knew damn well it wasn't his fault. The other thing, which actually DID happen, was Trot Nixon taking out the jugs of Gatorade as he was going into the clubhouse, out of anger. The front thingie is just Papi and Wake with the trophy, those two(along with Tek) embody the Boston Red Sox. And that song quote is from "Dream On"-Aerosmith, as I said there :P




The second one was inspired by Progressive Boink(the same guys behind The Dugout) who did a thing called "Baseball's Tribute to Shel Silverstein" which was very good, but the last one they did to "Listen to the Mustn'ts" was what got me all verklempt, as it was a tribute to the Red Sox' 2004 World Series run. I don't think I captured it as well as they did, but I did what I could, and I used Dave Roberts' stolen base because that was the sparkplug to the hope in a lot of poeple's hearts. However, I will humbly submit that I believed the entire time :) (the second link is the legit one...the first one I just posted up last October to the public to explain that I did believe and I'm not shitting you all...and if you can't see the second one, then it's probably in a members only kinda thing)