Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pedro and the Mango Tree


First off, I wanna say that I have no hateration on Pedro Martinez and I believe that nobody here should have any hate for him, well the ones who are Red Sox fans. He gave the Red Sox the best years of his career and he pitched his heart out. Sure he had his moments where he was fussy and kinda diva-esque, but it doesn't make him a bad person. And despite what Dirt Dogs likes to say, I'm not the only Red Sox fan who feels this way. I did this per the request of another Pedro fan, BoSoxGirl75 over at Royal Rooters. We all know the infamous "mango tree" line after Game 2 of the ALCS, I don't think I need to rehash it. But anyways, when Pedro comes back to Fenway, cheer him on. He deserves it. Fuck what Dirt Dogs says, he's just looking to start shit anyway, and he's coming off has a HUGE hypocrite by saying that the Red Sox fans should cheer Damon but boo Pedro. They both did the same thing, left for the bigger paycheck, which I don't blame either of them, but at least Pedro didn't go to the Yankees and he seems to have "let it go" despite a few moments of mehh.

Okay I'm gonna shut up now...sorry I just got in a ranty kinda mood