Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Larry Walker: a Childhood Favorite


Along in the realm of All-Time Favorites, I bring you Larry Walker. He was an outfielder for the Montreal Expos, Colorado Rockies, and St. Louis Cardinals. As a kid, I had my short phase in the mid-90's where I was a Rockies fan. Why? I still question completely why but I think it was a combination of Ellis Burks, Dante Bichette, and Walker who got me hooked. Add in Coors Field and the thin air there, and you had yourself quite the offensive powerhouse. I was drawn to Walker though, and I followed him the most passionately throughout his career. I feel bad that he wasn't able to retire with a World Series ring to his name, though his closest chance that WASN'T Selig-influenced(yes I'm still bitter about the strike which not only ruined the Expos' chances that year, but ruined the team itself, they had a great thing going before that strike and were never the same since) well...that was 2004 and well, sorry Larry, but I'm a Red Sox fan.