Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Damon's Regret


I've said it many-a times before but I can't stand Johnny Damon. It's not really because he's a Yankee. Hell I had him down as a Yankee for 06 even back in November of 2005. I just don't like him because he's way too much of a media whore and he cares way too much about his image and is quite full of himself. As a ballplayer, I didn't mind him on my team. Hell I didn't even mind him in really early 04 when that hair fad started. The hair amused me at first, but then it took a life and a cult following of its own and Johnny's ego grew bigger and bigger. And his whining about how the Red Sox didn't re-sign him. well dude, 13 mil/year for 4 years? Yeah fuck that, I'm sorry dude, but I enjoyed your offense and defense(for teh most part since you still throw like my 4 year old cousin) but the Red Sox had their offer adn stuck with it. If you wanted to stay so badly you would've taken the money. However, though, I'm not suprised. Is he a sellout? Yes but he was a sellout before this anyway. He came to Boston as a sellout, IIRC. He was on Oakland for a good season or so and basically came here for 4 years due to more money. So I mean it's pretty fitting but I still kinda feel for the childrens. But I'd rather have Coco any day of the week and twice on Saturday :) Oh and I do believe there are times when Damon looks out at the Red Sox goofing off and sighs, regretting the choice he made.