Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Binky: Bronson Arroyo


We all have our "binkies" aka players that we love unconditionally and irrationally defend. I have my small list, but the number 1 on that list for now until probably the day he retires is Bronson Arroyo. I hate being colored as a fangirl, just because I friggin LOVE Bronson, but sometimes it happens. I've been a fan of Bronson's since I'd say mid-2003 when he was lighting it up for the Pawtucket Red Sox. I was impressed with the way he pitched and I loved his pitching motion, and he was dominating them there. I remember reading about his perfect game and just feeling so proud of him like a parent in a weird way. And then his callup and Red Sox debut which was vs the Mariners on August 25, 2003, in relief of Pedro Martinez, I remember driving around listening on the radio as I was coming home from errands and hearing Bronson go his three innings to pick up his first ever save. It made me giddy inside. And well, since then, I've just been a big fan of his. I also remember attending a game on July 9, 2004 where Bronson pitched and he was dominant, and made those Rangers players look like his bitches. It was awesome. Yeah I do think he's kinda hot and all, but I try to push that aside for the most part. There's a right time and a right place for those things. Anyways, the day he got traded, I was majorly bummed out, and a little pissed at the Front Office but all in all, it had to be done. I'm happy for Bronson for the success he's been having in Cincy, and I'm still pulling for him, however if he faces the Red Sox again, I'm gonna pull for him to suck a lot. I am a Red Sox fan first, after all...

3 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Piney, will you marry me? Mrs. Shaype won't mind.... I don't think...

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Piney said...

*laughs* That's awfully sweet of you, but I don't think Mrs. Shaype would approve at all :P You can try but I doubt it.

Thanks for the comment though! :D

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, you're welcome for the comment- The entire fam loves the drawings, especially the Arroyo one- we're all big Bronson fans. In fact, our daughter's middle name is Arroyo!

Keep up the good work!

--JS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • FAQ for the Newbies