Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Longest Game


Tomorrow will mark the 25th anniversary of the continuation of The Longest Game. I grew in RI so the history of this longest game has been kinda forcefed to me, for PawSox games were basically a childhood tradition with RIers. You went to at least one or two games in your lifetime, sometimes in one season. I went in my younger years and I remember seeing guys like Trot Nixon, Nomar Garciaparra, and hell even Jeff Suppan. But for every successful(or in Suppan's case, inexplicably decent) ballplayers you had guys like the Immortal Izzy Alcantara and Pork Chop Pough as well. But anyways, on April 18-19...which I know I SEVERELY misdated, which I apologize. Anyways the two most recognizeable players who played in that said game and are now in the Hall of Fame are Cal Ripken, Jr and Wade Boggs(goes down smooth). BTW, that's Ripken to the right but I suck badly at

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking at your posts on royal rooters, and i know you're probably bored with this, but they are really funny, i hope you continue to do cartoons - whatever the medium.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • FAQ for the Newbies