Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Edgah!


I was probably one of like 10 people who were fans of Edgar Renteria during his year here. I'm sitll a fan of his. He had a rough go at it with the Red Sox, and succumbed to the pressures of the place in the form of 30 errors. I felt bad for him, because he really did try, but he was battling injuries and confidence issues it seemed. Now he's in Atlanta and I think that's best for him, because there are just some players who can't really handle the pressures of some high market teams like the Yanks, Mets, Red Sox, Phillies amongst some of them. I still say he would've bounced back big time in Boston if he stuck around, but when you get a deal like Andy Marte for Edgar Renteria, you make it. And while Marte was spun off to Cleveland, it was all for the best. Yep I'm still rooting for Edgar to make it through.