Pine Fresh Shenanigans: The Artpad Files

A collection of drawings made via Artpad usually about baseball, mostly Red Sox related, but sometimes is ventured outside of that realm.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Blackbird of Hope

This is one of those comic strip-esque things, like the one I did to that Art Martone quotage a while back. This one is to the poem "Hope"-Emily Dickinson, which has been stick in my head recently. I kinda converted it into a Red Sox version using a blackbird. Why a blackbird? Well if you saw the game after the trading deadline, there was that blackbird that came onto the field that was kinda hurt and stuff. So I used that blackbird as the pillar. Also on the episode of "Arthur" that featured Mike Timlin, Edgar Renteria, and Johnny Damon(*growls*), Mike Timlin recited the beginning of this poem. Link here to the clip that he does this, you haven't really lived until you've heard Timlin recite this poem :P

edit: Just to let you all know, I did the font on my Paint Shop Pro in which I screencap and paste it on, the other font kinda sucks to be honest

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply incredible. Thanks very much for this.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Piney said...

No problemo, Empy :) Just doing what I can

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • FAQ for the Newbies